3. If you are intending to make a video about yourself and your artwork please read the Portrait Video info.
4. See entry forms below. Download, save and complete a separate entry form for each artwork entered for the competition. You may send up to six entries for each award, the SPA for Fine Art and the Richard Coward SPA for Photography.
5. Complete the image release form below which gives permission from the subject of the portrait.
6. Pay £10 per entry by donation to the Scottish Arts Club Charitable Trust:
To pay your fee by credit/debit card or PayPal
Donate £10 per artwork through the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) website. Important: When making your donation please do not choose to remain completely anonymous. If you do choose to be anonymous we may not be able to link your payment to your artwork. This could result in your artwork being eliminated from the awards. You may choose to have no further contact from us without choosing to be anonymous. However, we hope you will choose to stay in touch so that we may update you on the awards!
To pay your fee by cheque
Payment by cheque is possible if it is drawn on a UK bank account. Make your cheque payable to the Scottish Arts Club Charitable Trust and for £10 per artwork entered. On the back of the cheque write your email address and the title of your artwork.
Send the cheque to:
The Scottish Portrait Awards
Scottish Arts Club Charitable Trust 24 Rutland Square Edinburgh EH1 2BW, UK
6. Send a separate email for each artwork entered. The email should include the entry form, the signed release form, the photograph of the entire work, and an optional photograph of a detail from the work. Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org putting your name and the title of your work as the subject heading.
Stage one: Digital Submissions Images must be sent as JPG/JPEG files, no greater than 3MB each. Images should be at least 1,080 pixels on the longest side. We recommend saving the file at 72 DPI. See the Photographing Artwork guide.
Stage two: Exhibition Submissions
SPA Fine Art
2D submissions for the SPA Fine Art Award should be no smaller than 30cm x 30cm and no larger than 150cm by 150cm when framed.
3D works should be self-supporting with a minimum size of 30cm x 30cm x 30cm and maximum size of 100cm(height) x 50cm x 50cm.
Full instructions for installation of the work should be included in the entry form.
Photographs submitted to the exhibition should be no smaller than 28cm x 31cm and no larger than 37cm x 41cm (including fame).